Being compliant with the credit risk requirements of Basel II is of importance to all financial institutions.
From developing a credit risk policy and framework to reporting and disclosure there are numerous steps that need to be completed if these requirements are to be satisfactorily addressed in good time.
We can provide a total solution to your credit risk needs and help you in all of the main areas of credit risk:
- Governance – develop your existing credit risk policies in line with your strategy and risk appetite
- Policies and Procedures – develop concise and defined policies and procedures in line with your strategy and proportional to your business needs
- Data – identify and fill any data gaps in your existing data records that you will need to complete for your transition to Basel II compliance and for reporting purposes
- Mapping – map and categorise your portfolio to the requirements of Basel II
- Risk Mitigation – identify and rectify any shortcomings in your risk mitigation processes, control, monitoring and reporting
- Information Systems – identify any deficiencies in your technological platform for the management of your credit risk requirements
- Modelling – use specialised mathematical modelling techniques to add considerable value to your business in developing your use tests. This is especially so where you are contemplating a move from TSA to IRB
- Stress Testing – establish a methodology and policies together with detailed focused tests covering collateral and concentration risk as well as the macro economic environment
- Reporting – prepare of timely, concise and accurate management and regulatory credit risk reports